Thursday, January 22, 2009

When Your Down



I don't really care about the video itself, but I love the words.
This song makes me think about how hard this last year has been. It makes me think about how many times I felt alone and scared or sad. The clarity for me is this. I no longer want to protect Kyle from necessary struggle and suffering. I want him to know that he is held by me, that I won't feel like I have to make it go away for him.

If we can get past the suffering and powerlessness that we feel when our loved ones are hurting, and are willing to just be present with them in it, I think we might find our way to the most intimate and lasting bonds that humans can forge.

1 comment:

  1. "are willing to just be present with them in it, I think we might find our way to the most intimate and lasting bonds that humans can forge."

    Beautifully said, and so True.

    ReplyDelete