Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Musings of a sick woman

I am sick today..nothing earth shattering just a plain old ordinary winter bug....and so I muse

Kyle asked me at least three times today why I was sick and more importantly if I would get better. I responded that humans are made to heal and for him that was an acceptable answer. Some of you may know that I love words. I think there is so much more to words than we can ever imagine. The sound we make as we say them, the tone of voice they invoke, the history of the word through the ages...every word carries a story or truth.

So today, I though about healing...whose roots are in the word whole. I started to think about how we need so many things in order to be whole. We need family, community, spirituality, good food, rest, and so much more. So today I set my mind away from being a victim of the invisible little buggers that have a death grip on my sinuses and turn my attention to thankfulness for all of the things and people that I know and don't know who are helping me to "heal."

*Achoo!*

No comments:

Post a Comment