Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Birthing Day

Inexorably drawn to the darkness,
The tides rise and fall.
Held in the hand of the night.
Held in the heart of creation.

Mutual surrender, blissful silence,
Broken only by the moans of light beckoning
In pain without fear.
In love without doubt.

A moment held in eternity,
Released in eternity.
Destiny revealed.

All the forces of the natural world-
Conspired and delivered on their promise.
Gleaning a truth where thoughts are of the stars, and man exists without body;
Where all the love in the universe can be held in a new mother’s arms.


I love you Kyle. You are the greatest blessing in my life.
Happy 4th Birthday!

Love,
Mama

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that as a beautiful poem and every word or image is potent. Nice way to remember a truly special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sister. I love you so much-You are my inspiration and I am thankful to walk in this life with you. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alisha-
    Beautiful words to honor such a miracle. The miracle of Kyle's birth and life.

    Love Gail
    peace,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gail!
    I do love my boy :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That brought me back to those three nights... each with their own wonder and beauty... I think perhaps I don't reflect on those nights enough....

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful reflection.

    ReplyDelete