Saturday, May 23, 2009

Long Road To Yourself

I'm thinking there is a melody for this, I just don't know what it is yet! It's more writing inspired by my 33 pages of contemplation. If anyone has a suggestion for a type of sound/vibe for the melody I'd love to hear.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Long Road to Yourself"
5-23-2009
By:Alisha Brown

Symbol of hope
Better than you
Better than me
Pure potential
Talking yourself into anything

Practical matters
Good enough for you
Good enough for me
Self-denial
Talking yourself into anything

Chorus:
Finding the long road to yourself
Everyone and no one to blame
So sure that despite yourself
You will find your way

A diet of fear
No courage for you
No courage for me
Dreams tempered
Talking yourself out of everything

(Chorus)

Meaning for you
Meaning for me
Talking yourself into anything

3 comments:

  1. Hi ALisha-

    I was here earlier and got distracted, nicely I might add since my son is home!! :-) So it looks like I was 'stalking you" - :-)

    Those are beautiful words, poetry and yes a song, you posted. The melody? Soft ad alluring, and the chorus? - dramatic and bold. My husband who is a song writer and music arranger could definitely put those words to music. If he does the second copy is yours. :-)
    Happy Sunday. My son an d I are going to a wine event and he and I are two of the judges. Fun, huh?
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear what he thinks for the melody! How fun this blogging is!!! Hope you are well and thanks for stopping by.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is powerful. Again you seem to read my heart.

    Thank you for the comment on my blog the other day. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete